Tuesday June 29th we tried to keep him up until midnight and feed him as much as we could so the next day he wouldn't be so hungry. and so maybe he would sleep until we got to Idaho Falls. My mom went with us and she was an angel. I am so glad I brought her. Anyway, so we got down there and the Dr. came out and played with Brad in the waiting area and made him feel so comfortable. The Dr. asked me if I had thought about if they couldn't save the teeth, if I wanted them to do a bridge for him. I just said, "just try to save them" Then they gave him some medicine and the Dr. told me to watch him for about 5 minutes and make sure he didn't too woosey and fall down. Then the Dr. dropped the real bombshell, he told me that it is best if Brad went back there alone without any parents!!! I didn't know about this part of the arrangement. So I freaked out a little inside, But I understood. About 2 minutes after he took the medicine his depth perception was way off and he was starting to giggle at the weirdest things. Like uncontrollably laughing. I got to take him back to the chair and then I left him and then it was the waiting game. The sedation was only supposed to last about 30 minutes. So about 30 minutes later the Dr. came out and gave me two thumbs up and told me they were able to save his teeth and put caps on them. So they looked great. He took me back to see him, he was just laying there watching a movie, like a little angel. I took him out to the waiting room and that is when all Hell broke loose. He started screaming like crazy because he wanted to stay and play with the trains in the waiting room. So my mom held him and tried to console him but he was unconsolable. So I checked him out and we went to the car with him kicking and screaming. I think it was just because he was just not used to that feeling of coming out of that drug. We got him a jamba juice, My mom sat in the back with him the whole way home and helped him eat it. Then she just held him and let him sleep the whole way home.
His teeth look so great. He can't wait to get more real teeth, he tells me. I just say, oh please don't do that again. Today the day after the procedure he is doing so great, you can't even tell he had that done. He doesn't remember much of it and that is great with me. Here are the before and after pictures.
Before
1 comment:
Hey! I decided to snoop and I found your blog! This tooth episode looks like quite an adventure. I am glad everything went okay.(and glad I found your blog. mwa ha ha) :)
Ours is jakeandranette.blogspot.com
Post a Comment