The Parsons Family

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

1000 Calorie/day Diet

I started my 1000 calorie/day diet Monday. I thought it was going to be 700/day but Jennie told me it was more! I was glad, you wouldn't think 300 more calories a day would be that big of a difference, but it IS! I have downloaded an app on my ipad that is great. It is called my fitness pal, it works a lot like weight watchers online, but its free. You can also use it just on your regular computer.  
My husband, bless his heart, is going to do this diet with me. Just mainly for support. Disclaimer: do not do this diet unless you are told to by your physician. It is done in order to shrink your liver so it is easier to get to your stomach in this surgery. 
I worked Monday so I drank a protein shake (4 oz water 4 oz skim milk with one scoop of powder) in the morning before I went to work. Then I drank another one while I was at work. Around 3 pm I was having a rough time but I got over it. We went bowling that night for my son's B-day and for the bowling package he got a pizza for him and his friends. Well it looked so good, I had a piece! ooops, so I thought.... I came home and put in my info about the pizza into myfitnesspal and just having one slice wasn't so bad. However it took up my calories for the rest of the day. But I was fine. So the first day was the hardest. These last 2 days have not been as hard.
Yesterday I went in to check in with my Dr. and have a metabolic check. This is a test where they have you breath into a tube for 10 minutes and they test your metabolism. Mine is High. So why am I overweight if I have a high metabolism? It was explained to me but I don't understand that kind of stuff to well so I trust them.
While I was at the hospital the Health Fair was going on. I decided after talking to my Dr. and to Jennie (she is the Human Resource Generalist) She makes sure everything is running smoothly with your nutrition and your health. So anyway I decided to get my blood draw done to have all my numbers checked. I want to see how unhealthy I am now compared to when I loose weight.
I have before pictures I will get them posted on here in the next little while. I watched a youtube video yesterday too that is so inspiring to me. I will post the link here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdBLyaM7flY I hope this works, if not go to youtube and type in this in the search bar, 100lb weight loss in 6 months - vertical gastric sleeve (VGS) vertical sleeve gastrectomy. Happy watching!
I love her quote at the end "Love yourself enough to be healthy" I am putting that on a sticky note on my vanity!
Any questions again let me know. I would love to help you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Is your surgery still on the 27th?

Parsons Family Fun said...

yup, who left this comment?