I have decided to have the Gastric Sleeve done. Well I decided I wanted weight loss surgery a long time ago but none of them seemed right for me. I have a lot of co-morbidities (sp) I have a BMI of 45, I have type 2 diabetes, I have depression, I have sleep apnea, and acid reflux. That is discusting, I know. That is why I need to do something! I heard about the sleeve procedure from a local Dr. telling my dad about it. They have only done 1 surgery in our hospital so far. That surgery in my mind was a total success. She had her surgery on December 16th and I saw her in the end of February and she had lost 50 lbs.!! I knew this surgery was for me! I got my approval letter from my insurance two weeks ago. I am scheduled to have my surgery on the 27th of April. WOW! I know. What is the sleeve? you ask, well here is a link I have found that describes it and gives testimonials. http://www.ready4achange.com/sleeve-gastrectomy-success-stories
I plan on blogging about my success every step of the way. Today I have a meeting with the Doctors assistant and a nutritionist. I have to start a 700 calorie/day diet on the 17th. (just looking at what I ate this weekend I was shocked) It is to shrink my liver so the doctor can get around it to do the surgery. I have heard that the first 3 days are going to be the worst. My meeting this morning we are going to discuss the diet and how to best make it through. If you have any questions on this or for me e-mail me or leave a comment. parsonsfamily2008@yahoo.com
Monday, April 9, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm glad you chose this option instead of a regular gastric bypass. I have a few friends who ended up gaining everything back, and a few more who end up in and out of the hospital for months at a time due to vitamin deficiencies and other health issues due to malnourishment. It's scary stuff. I've got another friend who had the sleeve surgery a while back and she's been quite successful with losing weight without all the awful side effects that I've seen in others. I hope this helps you out and makes you healthier and happier. Good luck with everything!
Post a Comment