The Parsons Family

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Star of Star Valley

j
At my last Doctor appointment I set a goal of hiking to the Star of Star Valley, by the end of June. So last Saturday we just finished dinner and Russ said to me "lets go on a hike" So we set out to hike. We made it to the star. It took me 45 minutes to get up to it, But I made it! I was so excited, I wanted to tell the whole world. Here I am proud as ever that I made it.


My 6 year old son made it. That little blue thing at the top is him.

 This is the view of Star Valley from the star. It was very beautiful. We live in such a great place.
 Here are my men that made it with me! Russ was a great tour guide and Brad was a trooper, he ran almost the whole way!
She was our only hold up, About 3/4 of the way there she sat down and just refused to go any further! So I wasn't going to stop that far so I told her to sit there in the shade and we just kept an eye on her. We could see her the whole time. This is how she was when we came back down. Hands on her hips and all!!
Here is a view of the star from our house. As you can see it is quite different from up close. It was a great hike all in all, But if you asked me to do it again anytime soon, I would have to say no. It was straight up. That was hard. But I am glad I did it and accomplished my goal.

Now......drum roll please, my next goal is going to be a 5K on August 4th! I am excited to go. I have asked my dad to do it with me. Lets see how many other people I can shame into going with me!
I will post more when I get to that day. 

1 comment:

Life’s Eye Photography said...

Your kids are soooo adorable. I am thoroughly impressed. And now a 5k??? Persevere!